Friday, October 9, 2009

Friday evening sunset

Today was a cold and rainy Fall day that felt more like early November than October. I put my jacket on at 6:30 in the morning to head to work and at 6:30 pm I still had not taken it off; I couldn't seem to shake the cold and damp.

I was wasting time on the computer when I looked outside and realized that the setting sun had dropped below the layer of clouds. I grabbed the camera and headed outside to capture the amazing light. Here's a good photo of the sun highlighting the little bluestem and Indian grass:



In this view, the sun is just catching the Red Wing Viburnum. This bed is on the east front corner of the house.



Here's the west front corner of the house. I wish I could photoshop out the antenna on top of the house, but I sure do appreciate the internet speed it provides.



I was thinking the other day that I don't have a lot of fall color, but looking around tonight I think that perhaps I was too hasty in my judgment.

Finally, a view of the western sky with the clearing clouds.



Those clearing skies contribute to the likelihood of a frost tonight. I think I'm ready to say farewell to the annuals.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful V, and really indicative of the fantastic and special beauty that autumn provides..

    Kathy in Napa

    ReplyDelete